Sunday, May 3, 2015

Blueberry Cinnamon Toast Crunch Muffins


Yup. Blueberry cinnamon toast crunch muffins. You read that right. Sounds a little odd, n'est-ce pas?

On Saturday afternoon, I was browsing Pinterest. Summer is quickly approaching, so everyone is currently pinning delicious summery foods.

 I found myself pinning blueberry recipe after blueberry recipe, and my mouth began to water. Blueberries are my favorite berry, so I buy them in bulk at Sam's and usually eat the whole container by myself in less than a day.

Well, it just so happened that I had some blueberries in the fridge because I had bought them the day before (already mostly gone). I got to thinking about what would go well with blueberries and I decided cinnamon would be yummy.

Then, I had an epiphany. Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

I like for my muffins to have a little crunch on top (similar to a streusel). These muffins are so good. I can hardly describe how excited I was when they came out of the oven. Experimenting with recipes can be tricky, but these turned out on the first try!

These muffins are full of blueberries, super moist, and have a delightful crunch on the top where the Cinnamon Toast Crunch is.

General Mills really should be paying me for this. Why aren't they?

Blueberry Cinnamon Toast Crunch Muffins

Yields: 15-18 muffins

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch
1 tbsp butter, melted

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. Line a muffin tin with muffin papers. Crush the Cinnamon Toast Crunch in a food processor or in a bag using a rolling pin.

2. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon) with a whisk.

3. In a medium bowl, combine wet ingredients (eggs, milk, oil, vanilla). Pour into the dry ingredients and stir with a silicone spatula until just combined, but still lumpy. Fold in the blueberries. Fold in half of the crushed cereal.

4. Scoop the muffin batter evenly into the liners, until about 3/4 full. Combine the remaining crushed cereal and the melted butter. Sprinkle atop the muffins and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.







1 comment:

  1. Blueberry are the best in muffins. Your are just so well risen and soft. Mmmm...

    Riyanna
    Nashville Carpet Stretching

    ReplyDelete