Friday, April 26, 2013

Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies


These have Andes Mints in them

Confession: I have never made a really good chocolate chip cookie. I've found recipes that make perfectly acceptable warm cookies, although admittedly when they would cool down they were usually a little crunchier than I wanted. I've always made cookies that were good with milk and all that... but they just weren't perfect.

But don't worry, because I have made the perfect chocolate chip cookie.

These cookies are unbelievably chewy and they stay that way for days! The only reason they lasted that long is I'm the only person left in my apartment.

The secret to keeping them chewy for days?

Cornstarch!

Whooda thunk it?

Also, for those of you who have asked, the secret to preventing cookies from sticking is using a silicone baking liner. You can get them just about anywhere. I always leave it in my cookie sheet, because it makes the bottom of everything perfectly golden and never burn!! It's magic. 




This recipe is seriously foolproof. It was so simple. I'm eating one right now and I'll probably eat about 3 more in the process of writing this post. Foodie probs. This recipe is from Sally's Baking Addiction


Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yields: 3 dozen scrumptious cookies

  • 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg, at room temperature
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp cornstarch
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, (I put Andes Mints in mine, and I've also done crushed up Oreos)

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until it's light and fluffy. Taste a little. That's the best stuff in the whole world. Mix in the egg and the vanilla and scrape the sides of the bowl as needed. 

In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients (don't add the chocolate chips yet). Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients slowly until it's incorporated. Add the chocolate chips, or whatever you want, really! 

Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (It's worth it-- they come out in better shape and texture). 

Drop in 1 tablespoon scoops on a cookie sheet lined with silpat or parchment paper. Bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes and DO NOT BAKE THEM FOR MORE THAN 10 MINUTES or you will regret it and be sad forever. They may look like they're not done, but they are! I promise!

Eat all you can, and if there are any left, store them in an airtight container for up to 10 days. I doubt they'll last that long!





I made a new post about Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies!


6 comments:

  1. Oh yum, these seriously do look like the perfect chocolate chip cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cookies look sooo delicious! I will have to try out the recipe! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just made these and they are DELICIOUS!! Definitely sharing this recipe. Thanks :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite recipe but I do ALWAYS have to bake them for several minutes longer than suggested. I tried not going over 10 minutes several for several batches and they were still uncooked in the middle when they had cooled. (I've calibrated my oven so I know the temperature is correct.. They just Need to bake longer)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback! Yeah I'm sure baking time can vary depending on different ovens. I'm glad you liked them!! : )

      Delete
  5. I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. I think it may be help all of you. Thanks.
    my site
    dig this

    ReplyDelete