The difference between store-bought bread and homemade bread is unbelievable.
Brioche is a type of French bread that contains butter and eggs, making the crumb richer and more tender.
These homemade buns are perfect for hamburgers, sliders, shredded pork or chicken sandwiches, or just to enjoy with butter and jam!
One of the best parts about these buns is that they stay fresh for several days after you make them! So even though there are just two of us right now, I always make the full recipe (which makes 8 buns) and we munch on them for days.
Makes 8 large buns (you can adjust the size as you desire)
1 cup warm water
2 tsp yeast
2 tbsp sugar
2 eggs, divided use
3 1/3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 tbsp butter, softened
1. Combine warm water, yeast, and sugar. Stir until dissolved and let it stand 5 minutes, until foamy.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, salt, and butter. Turn on the mixer with a paddle attachment until the butter makes small crumbs.
3. Stir in one egg and yeast mixture. Using the dough hook attachment, knead for 6-8 minutes. Add more flour if necessary so the dough isn't too sticky. The dough should remove from the sides of the bowl, but not the bottom.
4. Let rise, covered, in a slightly warm oven, until doubled in size (45 minutes or so). Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and shape into round balls. Cover and let rise in a slightly warm oven until they're puffy.
5. Brush with a beaten egg and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Place a pan with some water in it in the oven with the buns.
6. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.